Re: daqread

From: Michael Grossbach
Subject: Re: daqread
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:32:23 +0200

Fra1985 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to Octave and I am working on a project that consists in passing
some matlab code over to Octave. I have a number of functions that I have to
take care of but to start with I need to figure out how to get Octave to
read the data correctly. In matlab the system works by a call to daqread;
Octave is telling me it cannot find that function and thus wont run the
code.
The question is this: is there an equivalent of matlab's daqread function
for Octave ?? If there is, where can I find it??

I am basically trying to feed into Octave a matrix of a few thousand numbers
so I could potentially just make a new matrix with those values but that
would mean changing the code a whole lot. Can anybody suggest a better way
to go about it??

Thank you so much for your help in advance,
Francesco

daqread is part of Matlab's data acquisition toolbox and has AFAIK not been implemented for Octave. To find out more about .daq files and their structure and write your own daqread function for Octave, read http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/daqread.html&http://www.mathworks.com/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search/?db=MSS&prox=page&rorder=750&rprox=750&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=500&rlead=250&sufs=0&order=r&is_summary_on=1&ResultCount=10&query=daqread&submitButtonName=Search "The format used by daqread to return data, relative time, absolute time, and event information is identical to the format used by the getdata function that is part of Data Acquisition Toolbox. For more information, see the Data Acquisition Toolbox documentation."

HTH, Michael