daqread

From: Fra1985
Subject: daqread
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I am new to Octave and I am working on a project that consists in passing
some matlab code over to Octave. I have a number of functions that I have to
take care of but to start with I need to figure out how to get Octave to
read the data correctly. In matlab the system works by a call to daqread;
Octave is telling me it cannot find that function and thus wont run the
code.

The question is this: is there an equivalent of matlab's daqread function
for Octave ?? If there is, where can I find it??

I am basically trying to feed into Octave a matrix of a few thousand numbers
so I could potentially just make a new matrix with those values but that
would mean changing the code a whole lot. Can anybody suggest a better way
to go about it??

Thank you so much for your help in advance,
Francesco