Re: [OctDev] Addpath warnings for secs1d and secs2d

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Addpath warnings for secs1d and secs2d
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:41:15 +0100

On 14/mag/08, at 15:01, c. wrote:

On 14/mag/08, at 13:38, Marius Schamschula wrote:

After installing secs1d and secs2d I get the following warnings when
starting octave 3.0.1:

warning: addpath:
/usr/local/libexec/octave/packages/secs1d-0.0.6/powerpc-apple-
darwin8.11.0-api-v32/../Utilities:

It appears that these paths existed in older versions of these
packages, but were not removed.
--

no those paths are still there, I see from the error messages you are
getting that you are running octave on a mac,

Marius

c.

Having a better look it seems this is a problem with global installation. as m-files are instlalled under /usr/local/share and oct-files under / usr/local/libexec it is not sufficient to set a relative path into PKG_ADD to add sub- directories to the path.

I do not see why PKG_ADD and PKG_DEL go only into
/usr/local/libexec/octave/packages/<pkg_name>/<arch_name>/
and not into /usr/local/share/octave/packages/<pkg_name>/

I don't know how to solve this at the moment so, for the time being, I suggest installing secs locally
on a per-user base
c.