Re: octave's graphics interface / linux operating system

From: soren
Subject: Re: octave's graphics interface / linux operating system
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:04:28 +0200

Quoting "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>:
If you prefer using gnuplot commands, then I suggest splitting
computation from plotting, and writing out your data to files, then
using gnuplot separately to generate the plots.

It seems to me that a lot of people would like to use gnuplot more directly. So, I guess it would be nice if somebody stepped up and created an interface to gnuplot. Something that would allow you to visualize your data from Octave using a syntax closer to the one used in gnuplot. This should of course be a separate package. Personally, I'm satisfied with the quality of the current output (it might not be "pulication quality" but publishers don't complain...), so I'm not going to spend time on this...

Søren