Re: jhandles on windows problem

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: jhandles on windows problem
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:06:51 +0200

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:34 PM, Hall, Benjamin
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to try out jhandles on the windows 3.0.1 version of Octave, but I
>  am having some trouble.
>
>  If I try to run octave with jhandles as the default graphics backend, Octave
>  seg-faults before a prompt appears.  The same happens when I try to execute
>  "pkg laod jhandles".  I believe that the default version of java on our
>  system is 1.4.2, but we've got 1.6.0 also available.  I've tried to setup my
>  environment to find 1.6, but none of my efforts have made any change in the
>  behavior.
>
>  Is there anything that I can try that might help me track down the problem?
>  Should I be able to run any of the .jar files outside of octave?

You should make sure that Java 1.6 is the default one. Octave looks in
the Windows registry to discover the JVM, using the key
HKLM\software\javasoft\java runtime environment Currentversion

Normally, this key is updated automatically when you install a new
Java version.

Michael.