Re: Problem with Graph window JHandles

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Problem with Graph window JHandles
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:54:27 +0200

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:50 PM, BRINGE Arnaud <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  I installed Octave version 3.0.1 on Windows XP (JHandles version), and
>  I have some problems to keep my graph window opened. When I launch
>  octave instructions in the console , anything is ok, but when I use a
>  .m program with Scite, it opens and immediately closes the graph window.
>
>  I tried it with this easy program :
>  x=linspace(0,pi,30);
>  y=sin(x)
>  plot(x,y)
>
>  Could anybody can explain to me how to avoid it ? How to result ?

The ability to run octave scripts within SciTE is just a simple trick,
it's not a real integration. What's happening is that SciTE is launching
another octave process to run the script. This process exits when
the script is finished. That's why the plot windows disappear. There's
currently no real octave/GUI integration, but things are going on.

If you want to run a script with plot commands, don't run it from
the SciTE editor.

Michael.