RE: Octave 3.0.1 Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHAT) build failure

From: Labitt, Bruce
Subject: RE: Octave 3.0.1 Scientific Linux 5.1 (RHAT) build failure
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 17:58:22 -0400

> Most likely you did not install libfft correctly. The dynamic loader
ld
> cannot
> find it; /usr/local/lib is not in its search path.
>
> Dmitri.
> --
> [Labitt, Bruce]
>
> Is there a way to add it to the search path?

Create a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/

with name say "local.conf"
in this file type in:

/usr/local/lib

Save and exit.
Run (as root) "ldconfig -v"
Make sure you get libfft3 in the output of this command.

> Bruce

Regards,

Dmitri.
--
[Labitt, Bruce]

Thanks. That helped.  I'm getting a little closer.  When I do a make
check I pass all the tests except rand.cc where I fail 14 tests, plus a
few tests where I know I have not installed stuff like qhull.  However,
at the test linear-algebra/condest.m I get a panic: Segmentation fault.
Any clues as where to look?  Flush/repeat?

I tried running octave nonetheless and could not seem to plot anything
with more than 100 elements.  Whenever I did a plot or use grid I would
get 4 lines

line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: in
line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: in
line xxxxxxx: undefined variable: in