Re: Installation Problems

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Installation Problems
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 04:03:44 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Perhaps this is well known trouble.

Have you select jhandle as a default graphic backend?

If so, please install the java from sun java page.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Selecting gnuplot as a graphic backend makes Sun java  not required.
If you would like to use gnuplot, please uninstall octave and re-install octave
and select gnuplot
as graphic backend.

Regards

Tatsuro