Re: Octcdf package installation with NetCDF4

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: Octcdf package installation with NetCDF4
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 16:19:38 -0600

OK, it might be bad form to reply to my own post, but I just realized
something.  NetCDF 3.6 (the current version) does not actually link to
either of the HDF5libraries, so it's entirely possible that what I
said about HDF5 v1.8 having once had all of its functions in a single
library file (libhdf5.so) was completely wrong.  It is still necessary
to link to both libhdf5.so and libhdf5_hl.so in order to compile a
function that calls nc_open however, and to get Octcdf to compile
properly using the new NetCDF 4 (the new version) libraries.

-EJR