Re: [OctDev] Octave-3.0.1 for Windows available

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Octave-3.0.1 for Windows available
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:47:20 -0400

On May 5, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM, John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:
Also, when I try to run octavede.exe, it complains about not finding
msvcr71.dll.  I copied an existing version of the file into the same
directory as the executable and now no longer get the error. I was working off a clean install of Windows XP Home, so maybe I needed to install some
runtime first?

Ugh?

This should not happen. All included files have been compiled with MSVC8, so I wonder where this dependency comes from (the only module I know that was using msvcr71.dll was Console2, and I removed it). Do you also have the
problem when starting octave in console mode (without the GUI)?

Michael.

Yes, I get the same error when starting octave in console mode.

John