Octave 3.0.0 crashes when starting with file

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave 3.0.0 crashes when starting with file
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 12:07:24 -0400

On  1-May-2008, address@hidden wrote:

| I want to start Octave from a Windows shortcut thus:
|
| "C:\Program Files\Octave\bin\octave-3.0.0.exe"
|  -q --persist "h:/work/matlab/unbal.m"
|
| When I do this the program starts and abruptly vanishes.  By doing it
| from a shell, I can get:
|
| [...]
|
| Enter phase currents.  Note: all currents must be > 0 for case 3
| Enter A phase current p.u. <0>: panic: Segmentation violation --
| stopping myself...
| attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
| save to `octave-core' complete
|
| C:\Program Files\Octave\bin>
| ------------
|
| However, when I run the same file from within the program, everything
| works fine.
|
| Something to do with stdin?
|
| Any suggestions?  Anyone want to look at octave-core?  (Seems to be
| binary)

The octave-core file just contains variables in your workspace.  It is
not useful for debugging.

Please report bugs to the address@hidden list.

Please include enough information so that someone can actually debug
the problem, like a copy of the script you are trying to run, or a
pared-down version of it that triggers the bug.

Thanks,

jwe