print command fails on PDF

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: print command fails on PDF
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:32:34 +0200

Dear all

I can't produce PDF files (anymore):

--------------------
octave:1> plot(rand(1,10));
octave:2> print('testy.pdf','-dpdf','-F:18');

gnuplot> set terminal pdf color 18 enhanced;
                                ^
         line 0: unexpected text at end of command
--------------------

This used to work some time ago. However, I cannot remember when I last
used it, and what changed since then (I may have installed a later
version of Octave or gnuplot in the meantime).

Using the print(...) command without the '-F:18' works nicely.

I'm running Octave 3.0.0+ and Gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 3 on Ubuntu 8.04. I
compiled Gnuplot using the "PDFLib Lite" library to get PDF support.

I'd be glad if someone could help me find the reason for my problem. I
have no idea where/how to look.

Matthias

--
Matthias Brennwald