Re: Question about building under Linux

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Question about building under Linux
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:04:17 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I recommend the questioner try to read ./configure --help first.

In my cygwin build, I do not use defaut install directry and complier so that I
set environment
variables before configure as;
export CC=/opt/octave/gcc-3.4.4dw2/bin/gcc
export CXX=/opt/octave/gcc-3.4.4dw2/bin/g++
export F77=/opt/octave/gcc-3.4.4dw2/bin/g77
export LDFLAGS='-L/opt/octave/gcc-3.4.4dw2/lib -L/opt/octave/octave-3.0.0/lib'
export CPPFLAGS='-I/opt/octave/gcc-3.4.4dw2/include
-I/opt/octave/octave-3.0.0/include'
export LIBS='-lgmp'
./configure --prefix=/opt/octave/octave-3.0.0 --with-blas='-lblas'
--with-lapack='-llapack -ltmglib'

The way building octave from soure is well described in

http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac
Source-Compilation

The above is decribe for MAC OSX but the similar procedure should be required
for almost all platform
for building octave from source.
So this is a nice guide to for every platforms.

> | If you use static libs (that's the default for SuiteSparse, then this
> | suffices, but beware that CHOLMOD needs also -lmetis to work, which
> | Octave's configure script doesn't try). I've worked this around by
> | modifying SuiteSparse so that libmetis.a is included in libcholmod.a.
>
> Or, build SuiteSparse so that it does not use METIS, since it is not
> required for Octave to work.
About metis, please read my web, here I show the way cholmod building wihtout
metis.

http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant/additional.html

If you build your octave WITH metis, please do not forget to use it only
personally.

Regards

Tatsuro

GANBARE! NIPPON! Win your ticket to Olympic Games 2008.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/