Re: Octave-forge and 'pkg install' question

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: Octave-forge and 'pkg install' question
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:33:39 -0600

Thanks Tatsuro.  It turns out that even though I compiled all of the
libraries that Ocatve depended on (SuiteSparse, fftw, etc.) using the
LDFLAGS option, I did not set this when I compiled Octave, which is
why mkoctfile wasn't working as expected.  I made the change you
suggested and everything works fine now.

...well, almost fine.  Can anyone tell me why my *.oct files get
placed in my personal directory (i.e., ~/octave), even though the *.m
scripts get placed in the system directory (i.e.,
~/local/share/octave/packages), when I install using 'pkg install
-global plot-1.0.4.tar.gz'?  Maybe I misunderstand the '-global'
option.

-EJR