Re: about 'round' function on mingw

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: about 'round' function on mingw
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:37:04 +0900 (JST)

Hello
This is just a forwarded mail that I've post to mingw ML.

Hello

I've searched by myself

octave:6> help bitmax
 -- Built-in Function:  bitmax ()
    Return the largest integer that can be represented as a floating
    point value.  On IEEE-754 compatiable systems, `bitmax' is `2^53 -
    1'.

bitmax is a built-in function

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.
octave:7> bitmax
ans =  9.00719925474099e+15

Is this information OK?

Regards

Tatsuro

>  > Please say very precisely what "bitmax" means, so that I can
>  >  write a minimal standalone testcase for your exact problem
>  >  without trying to build your package. I'd guess you mean the
>  >  largest normalized floating-point number, but without seeing
>  >  its hexadecimal representation, I can't be sure.

GANBARE! NIPPON! Win your ticket to Olympic Games 2008.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/