RE: File ASCII

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: File ASCII
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:20:29 -0500

Alessandro,

From: Alessandro Bandera [mailto:address@hidden

> ...How can I export in ASCII code the data of a simple square
> matrix( real plus image values) written in a file I can read
> with excel?

Wait, wait -- I know this!  :-)  I just learned how to do this
yesterday.  Do (for example):

Save -ascii "c:/tmp/MyFile.txt" MyMatrix

(where MyMatrix is the matrix you want to output).  This is obviously in
Windows but should be similar in *nixes.  "help save" will give you more
information.  You can also do:

Save -text "c:/tmp/MyFile.txt" MyMatrix

which gives a text file with some possibly useful headers and a
different (Octave) format.

Octave will easily do the integration for you, and plot the result too.
I was putting the data into Excel to send to a colleague who doesn't
have Octave or Matlab.

Regards,
Allen
--
Allen Windhorn, P.E. (MN)  (507) 345-2782
Kato Engineering