Re: dendrogram plot with gnuplot

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: dendrogram plot with gnuplot
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:24:37 +0200

Pinier Ludovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wrote a data clustering script in matlab, and I'm
> translating it to GNU octave. It seems to work fine,
> except for dendrogram plot. I use the function
> "dendrog". Octave seems to know this function (I did
> not find it in the commands lists), but gnuplot
> remains desperately blank.
> Matlab plots naturally the tree from the single line:
> DEND=dendrog(Parametres,'correlation');
>
> Do I need a special command to send my tree I called
> "DEND" to gnuplot ? Is there a trick to generate that
> kind of output ? A special toolbox is required ?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Ludovic

The dendrogram function of matlab is in Matlabs statistics toolbox.
Octave has no dendrogram function at all. I suspect that dendrog is a
function that you have on your disk that is neither Matlab's or
Octave's. What does "which dendrog" give? If the license permits you
need to share both the dendrog script and a a data set to use with it
for anyone here to be able to help debug your problem..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary