Re: can 'octave' load raw binary files ?

From: soren
Subject: Re: can 'octave' load raw binary files ?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:33:46 +0200

Quoting Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
I read output of "help load" and it looks like 'octave' cannot load raw binary files, I mean, the files containing just sequence (memory dump) of, say, double precision FP numbers - the
sequence can be created by, say, 'fwrite' called on an array of doubles.

Can't you simply load them using 'fread' ? The 'load' command have no way of determining how data is stored in some binary blob, since such a file doesn't have any meta-data.

Søren