getting the view of the current plot

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: getting the view of the current plot
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:47:33 -0400

Using Debian a combination of Etch+Lenny, octave 3.0.0-9

I would like to know how to obtain the current view of a plot. If I do

octave:1> [a, b] = view()
error: `az' undefined near line 57 column 17
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 57, column 15
error: evaluating if command near line 56, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 30, column 3
error: called from `view' in file `/usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/plot/view.m'
octave:1>

Is this a bug in octave? or am I doing something wrong?

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi