Re: waitforbuttonpress patch install

From: Nose Nada
Subject: Re: waitforbuttonpress patch install
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 19:09:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Ben and David. I have several question about your suggestions:
- Once I get the code from the octave-forge SVN repository do I need to
compile Octave from source or can I paste the code from the SVN repository
into a given subdirectory of my current Octave installation. Given the file
extension of these files, .m, I would say that no recompilation is required.
- If I were required to compile Octave from source where do I place the code
from the SVN repository?
- I have scan the octave-forge CVS repository but with little success to
locate the code for waitforbuttonpress.m (together with ginput.m and maybe
gtext.m). Would you give me a hint?
David, I'm working on Fedora 8, thus I suppose that your concerns about
Windows and Mac do not apply. Do they?
I apologize for making several questions, with a likely high level
incoherence, but I'm new to this Linux/Octave world.
I look forward to hear from you.
Best regards,
Omar