Re: waitforbuttonpress patch install

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: waitforbuttonpress patch install
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:45:51 -0400

On Apr 6, 2008, at 8:49 PM, David Bateman wrote:
Ben Abbott wrote:
On Apr 6, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Nose Nada wrote:
Hello there! I was trying to use the function 'waitforbuttonpress'
in Octave 3.0 (running on Fedora 8) but the function is not
implemented yet in this distribution. However, I found a recent
thread (http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-March/005684.html
) where a patch for this function has been developed
(https://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/attachments/20080331/f0ffbe59/attachment-0001.ksh
) . How can I install this patch in order to use waitforbuttonpress
in my code? I look forward to hear from you. Thanks in advance. Omar

If you up to building octave from its sources, you can do that.
Instructions are at the link below.

        http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/download.html

If you're using Debian, you may be able to put together a local
package that uses the development sources.

I'm not a Linux user, but have done the same for Mac OSX using Fink's
package management system (which descends from Debian).

Ben

Its only in the 3.1.x tree in the octave repository. Get it instead
(together with ginput.m and maybe gtext.m) from the ocatve-forge SVN
whether the versions are compatible with Octave 3.0.0. Note this
currently doesn't work on the wxt terminal on Windows due to a bug in
that terminal in gnuplot. It also doesn't work with the aqua terminal of
MacOS as that terminal doesn't yet support mousing at all.

D.

Regarding "the 3.1x tree", this the same as the "default" mercurial branch, correct?

Ben