[no subject]

From: Peter Williams
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 18:00:49 -0700

error: can't perform indexing operations for <unknown type> type

I get this error during a shooting algorithm as part of a simulation when
variables are returned from a function.  As a test I wrote the simplest
possible function call:

clear all
A=2;
d = others(A)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

function d = others(A)
d=A^2;
return

and still get the error message!
The program returns a value consistent with the function, so variables are
being passed, but then octave prints out the error message when I quit the
program.  Am I doing something idiotic?

--
Peter Tucker Williams
Graduate Teaching Fellow