Re: Octave in Vista

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave in Vista
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:43:40 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I'm not a vista user. Unfortunately all mintainers of octave for windows are
win XP users.
However there reported from vista people who have installed octave on vista.

Please see my page:

http://www.geocities.jp/tmoctwin/

Genarally for newbies, Octave-3.0.0 MSVC-build is recommended.
However, please do not install bundled console2.
It is known that it has problems on the vista.

If you would like to use Octave with GUI fron end,  QtOctave is reccomended.
Current octave is a console software.
If you are not familar to the console software, perhaps QtOctave is useful for
you.

(I myself is not a GUI lover so that I used console based octave.  In addition
I'm anoctave user on
cygwin built by myself.)

Regards

Tatsuro