Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:16:48 +0900 (JST)

Hello

>If you're using Windows, then I've some good
> things about 'Scite', but since I don't have access to Windows I've
> never tried it.

Yes! I think SciTE is best unless you are cygwin user and you can use emacs.
Theoretically window native, emacs families, mule, meadow, Nemacs can be used
for octave.
But I do not tried it.

However the some setting needs to use SciTE comfortablly.
Please see

http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant4/ReadmeMingwOct3.0.xx.txt

2. Setting other tools
 2.1 gnuplot
  2.1.1 gnuplot bundled with MSVC-octave
  2.1.2 gnuplot 4.3 (CVS) X11 on cygwin
 2.2 Text Editor --SciTE <===== here

Please use seach in web page by Keyword 'SciTE'

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/