Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp

From: Kaisa S
Subject: Re: Octave workshop for Octave 3.0.0 on windows Xp
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 23:32:37 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions how to solve "my problem". I have
no problem using the command line in Octave, I mostly unlike the visual
environment with a black background and white text ... mostly because it
forces me to swap glasses and that makes me feel old :).I will try hard to
change that.  I have only had Octave on my computer for 3 workdays and I am
still trying to find my way through it. For me Octave or MatLab or whatever
are only tools - my profession is building science not numerical analysis or
computational whatever - just like I use a knife and fork to eat my lunch.
At this stage Octave is a bit like eating with chop-sticks - I'm not used to
it, I manage but it is much slower. Moritz Borgmann sumarized some of the
features that I also found helpful in MatLab, I realize that I can get the
same information through different commands in Octave, but having them
available when working was good for me. I really appreciate the openness of
Octave through GNU so I have no plans of swaping to matLab, just because the
"lack" of a GUI. ´

But I have one additional question What editor is the best to use together
with Octave?

all the best!
Kaisa