Re: Concerning running Fortran prog from Octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Concerning running Fortran prog from Octave
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:07:15 +0900 (JST)

Hello

You have to get fortran compiler first.
Seeing the fortran source, f77 is OK.
So g77 on  mingw  is recommend
**MinGW***
  Please download the automated the MinGW downloader
  MinGW-5.1.3.exe
  from
  http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mingw/MinGW-5.1.3.exe

  After dowwnloading it, you can install the MinGW componets by doublly
clicking the icon.
  I recommend install MinGW componets to the folder C:\Programs\MinGW

  For selection of the verion, please use the current.
  For programing language selection, please select MinGW base tools,  and  g77
complier.

  Do you know how to set PATH enivonment variable ?
  If you do not know?
  Please save the following as setg77.bat by using a text editor.
***********

@echo off
path %path%;C:\Programs\MinGW\bin
cmd

Double click  setg77(.bat) icon makes the cmd screen appear.

On the cmd prompt type
c:\....>cd (c:\ your fortaran program folder path)

Then for example program name foo.f, please type
g77 -o foo foo.f

You can get foo.exe.

Regards

Tatsuro