Re: Important Question: Octave running on a PowerPC board

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: Important Question: Octave running on a PowerPC board
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:53:54 +0100

Please CC the address@hidden list; no idea how to do that in
Squirrelmail, though.

Am Freitag, den 28.03.2008, 09:37 -0400 schrieb
address@hidden:
> > On 27/03/08 16:03 -0400, Julia Petruescu wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Did somebody use/run/compile Octave on a PowerPc machine, having Linux
> >> on?
> >> If Yes, what I have to install: option, libraries to compile it and
> >> running?
> >
> > Which Linux are you running? The Debian packages of Octave are also
> > compiled for its PowerPC port and I don't remember any particular
> > problems with that.
> >
> >     Thomas
> >
> I am running Fedora Core 7, the issue is having Fortran libraries, or a
> PPC does not support Fortran.

gfortran runs on PowerPC[1] as on quite a lot of other platform, so I'm
not sure I understand. If this is a restriction of an embedded,
PowerPC-based platform, than I have no idea, sorry.

[1]
http://ftp.stw-bonn.de/pub/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/ppc/os/Fedora/gcc-gfortran-4.1.2-12.ppc.rpm

This link is just for reference, you might want to check your local
Fedora mirror for an rpm.

        Thomas