Re: Installing Octave on a Mac ..

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Installing Octave on a Mac ..
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:16:33 -0400

On Mar 27, 2008, at 2:17 PM, address@hidden wrote:
I have written a book that recommends the use of OCTAVE, and I've received a call from a reader who wants to install Octave on a Mac.

The book description is at www.berkeleyscience.com

I run Windows on a PC, and I can't help him. I had problems getting it installed on my PC, and I'm an old hand computer 'engineer'.

Where can he get help?

Could someone PLEASE create pages for the Octave home site that provides step by step instructions for non-computer-geeks who want to install Octave on Windows and Mac computers ???????

Will Flannery

Such pages already exist! :-)

        http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac

Ben