Re: Octave on an embedded platform

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave on an embedded platform
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:32:25 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did somebody use Octave on a embedded platform such as PPC?
>
> The problem I have is to compile Octave Fortran libraries since embedded
> platforms does not use Fortran.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Julia

With a colleague, I built it on an ARM7 (Intel PXA270 to be exact)
though the floating point math didn't seem to be IEEE754 compatible and
so it caused a few issues. It was also horridly slow as I only had 64MB.
This was just just an amusement to see if Octave would run on a mobile
phone. It did but badly. See

http://www.mkezx.org

and in particular

https://svn.jerryweb.org/public/mkezx/trunk/packages/octave/

If I was to do it again, my first check would be for full IEEE754
compatibility first.

D.