Re: triples test for symmetry

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: triples test for symmetry
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:10:51 -0400

On Mar 26, 2008, at 8:43 PM, george brida wrote:
Thank you Ben for your reply,
the reference of triples test for symmetry is:
Randles, D.H., M.A. Fligner, G.E. Policello and D.A. Wolfe, 1980. An asymptotically distribution-free test for symmetry versus asymmetry. Journal of the American Statistical Association Vol 75 No 369,168-172.

If I have time, I'll take a look at the detail.

In the meantime, you might look through the statistics package

        http://octave.sourceforge.net/doc/funref_statistics.html

Perhaps something already exists that suits your needs.

Is the test you're looking for related to skewness?

Ben