Is there an octave analog for createScreenCapture?

From: gte199t
Subject: Is there an octave analog for createScreenCapture?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:05:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone, is there an equivalent of the java method
"createScreenCapture"?  I'd like to do some light image processing on what
is seen on a desktop without having to create a screen capture, save it to a
file, then open the file (as I believe I would have to do using "xwd" or
"import").

I have an mfile that uses this method and I'd like to liberate it :)

at the core of it is this line (thanks to Volker Schuster)
out = java2im(robo.createScreenCapture(rectangle));