Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 17:42:54 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I would like to end this issue by this mail.

I fully understand what you would like to say.

I've been visiting some other free software MLs in addtion to the octave ML.
There are many
complaints about the Vista. However, as you know, few develpplers or maintaiers
use the Vista.
Population of Vista users is inceasing with time and the possibility of power
user for Vista is also
increasing with time.  Unfortunately at now I could not play an enough roll for
your request.
However in the near future, I hope the vista power user to be involved in our
activity and to be
helpful to solve the Vista specific problems.

I hope your work with MATLAB will be successful.

Good luck!!

Tatsuro

> --- Huaizu You <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, Tatsuro,

I do not necessarily have to use MSVC++ 2008 Express, but I have no choice.
Several months ago, one
can download free MSVC++ 2005 express from Microsoft website, but now one can
only find MSVC++ 2008
express. A more serious problem is new laptops/desktops are equipped with
Windows Vista, and no more
Windows XP. Vista has many places fundamentally different from XP, and many
programs are not
compatible with Vista while compatible with XP.

My laptop uses Vista as the OS, and I download the latest MSVC++ 2008 express
and Octave. Also, I have
to point out the MSVC++ 2008 express can't be used as the compiler on MATLAB.
One should buy the full
version of Visual Studio so that the mcc command in MATLAB would recognize the
C++ compiler provided
by Microsoft visual studio. Because this would cost too much money, I want to
seek an alternative way.
However, it seems there is no free lunch. One needs to trade off between price
and convenience.

Sincerely,
Huaizu