Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 04:13:23 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Huaizu You <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, Tatsuro & Michael,

Thanks for your efforts trying to fix the problem. I would like to help,
unfortunately, I'm not a
power Windows user, either. My solution is using MATLAB compiler, mcc, instead
of mkoctfile. However,
in this way, the user needs to buy MATLAB rather than using free software. Hope
Octave project would
continue and prosperous.

Sincerely,
Huaizu

Octave on native window does not have long history as that on unix or the
cygwin.
It can be understood that main replier about octave that native to window is
only Michael.
Sometimes I also reply because I am a mingw octave maintainer (testing version).
Therefore the enviroments are not so friendly for non-expreienced user.
To be lower such barrier, I have written the my octave page but my ability is
NOT enough to write it
as user friendly enough.

BTW, do you really need to use MSVC++ 2008 exepress ?
If you do need to use it, please uninstall it from the control panel of the
windows.
(control panel-prgram addtion and deleting ? (My windows is Japanese so I do
not know the its English
name))
And the install MSVC++ 2005 exepress and platform sdk according to my new
tutrial.
This makes enable you to use mkoctfile.
The trouble of this time caused I do not have enough knowledge of Microsoft
complier.
(I am a user of gcc on the mingw and on the cygwin.)

If you change the you mind to try it again, perhaps you can get success to use
mkoctfile with MSVC++
2005.

Regards

Tatsuro