Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:39:18 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Thank you for Michael.

I understnd what you would like to say.
Unlike the cygwin or the mingw, rebuilding process might be complex for MSVC.

The new system seems to have different structure, it might be occured your
sophisticated
system being to be revised exetensively.

However, the vc 2005 have been upgraded to the sp1.

I found the term:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

It would be glad if it would be really Redistributable.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Michael wrote:

Thanks for all your efforts on this topic.

I think that the only long-term solution would be to switch to MSVC 2008
to generate the next binary package. I'm a bit reluctant to do it, because
it took me quite some time to get a working setup, and switching to
another compiler would mean for me to recompile everything (including
all dependencies). This should happen smoothly as I have now top-level
scripts to take care of it, but this takes a huge amount of time, which
I don't have for the time being.

Michael.

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/