Re: scripts close plot windows automatically

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: scripts close plot windows automatically
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:20:12 -0400 (EDT)

Nicholas wants to keep the plot window open after octave exits, so
that the user must manually close it. Since gnuplot is a child of
octave, I think that octave would have to remain running---normally
child processes die when the parent goes away..

I think a better alternative is to use octave to write out a gnuplot
temp file, and then run gnuplot in a separate command.

I think running gnuplot independently of octave is the correct advice
in most cases where people want a behavior or appearance different
from the default octave/gnuplot; in my opinion the __gnuplot_set__
approach causes more longterm pain than it's worth, and is about as
convenient as simply writing out gnuplot commands:

     fprintf(FILE,"set axis ...")