RE: Help-octave Digest, Vol 24, Issue 9

From: Javier Ochoa
Subject: RE: Help-octave Digest, Vol 24, Issue 9
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:18:45 -0700

> ------------------------------------
>> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 09:27:02 -0800
>> From: address@hidden
>> To: address@hidden
>> CC: address@hidden
>> Subject: Re: octave all_va_args
>>

>> On Tuesday, March 04, 2008, at 10:47AM, "Javier Ochoa"  wrote:
>>>
>>>My name is Javier Ochoa, I am working at PROIMI in Argentina. I have
>>>installed Octave 2.9.12 under  Linux in order to run the ica routines you
>>>modified from the ones in MatLab written by Hurri et al.
>>>I cannot run the fpica.m function because the following error message
>>>appeared:error: `all_va_args' undefined near line 100 column 13
>>>Could anybody tell me where is the problem, I could not explain this and I
>>>will very appreciate your coments.
>>>Best regards,
>>>
>>>octave:13:> x=demosig
>>>octave:14>[E,D]=pcamat(x)
>>>octave:15> [nv,vm,dwm]=whitenv(x,E,D)
>>>octave:16>[A,W]=fpica(nv,vm,dwm,'defl',4,'pow3','off',1,1,1,'off',1e-6,500,100,'rand',1,'rand','signals',20,'on','classic')
>>>Used approach [ defl ].
>>>Warning: Setting 'sampleSize' to 1.
>>>Used nonlinearity [ pow3 ].
>>>Starting ICA calculation...
>>>IC 1 ...........computed ( 11 steps )
>>>IC 2 ......................computed ( 22 steps )
>>>IC 3 .....computed ( 5 steps )
>>>IC 4 ..computed ( 2 steps )
>>>Done.
>>>error: `all_va_args' undefined near line 100 column 13
>>>error: evaluating argument list element number 1
>>>error: evaluating assignment expression near line 100, column 6
>>>error: called from `icaplot' in file `/home/jochoa/fica/icaplot.m'
>>>error: evaluating switch command near line 871, column 5
>>>error: evaluating if command near line 870, column 3
>>>error: evaluating if command near line 591, column 1
>>>

>> I don't believe that all_va_args exists in Matlab, but did in Octave 2.1.x.
>>
>> The Octave 2.9.x uses a different syntax. Take a look at the link below.
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Variable_002dlength-Argument-Lists.html
>>
>> Ben
I read the link and also changed all_va_args with varargin and  found an error
on the fpica call arguments. The program still not recognize the following
commands: switch with == applied to a number and the pplottype argument which
is defined as 'classic' (see Octave 16> above). When I run the program without
graphics the task ends normally. I suppose there are still some problem with
the code.

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your
"fix".