redirecting the output of a command to a file

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: redirecting the output of a command to a file
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:08:31 -0500

In Linux, the output of a command can redirected to a file doing

$command > file.txt

Is there an equivalent of this in octave (for redirecting standard output
and/or standard error)?

Consider the following situation where I run a script, then try out couple
of calculations. At the end of it run another script. I would like to
capture the output of this second script into a file. Is this possible?

octave 1> run_script1
octave 2> perform other calculations
octave 3> run_script2 > file.txt

I also tried putting all these things together (script1 + some commands +
script2) into a bigger script. But the problem with this approach is that I
do not want the output from script1 or from the middle part and am just
interested in the output of script2.

Any ideas?

thanks
raju