Re: contrib: dataread.m

From: Eric Chassande-Mottin
Subject: Re: contrib: dataread.m
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:34:22 -0800 (PST)

> For now why not include this in the octave-forge io package.,..

I realized in the last days that dataread() is sort of redundant
with textread().  BTW, the mathworks webpages mention
that textscan() will replace textread() in the
future. Matlab has a lot of IO functions which does almost the
same thing. I'd rather maintain only one (textread since it does the
job better). In OctaveForge index, I would mention the
other functions with a pointer to the reference one.

eric