Re: revised: How to set xtics in 2-D plot in Octave 3.0.0 on a PC with W

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: revised: How to set xtics in 2-D plot in Octave 3.0.0 on a PC with Windows Vista
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:16:09 +0900 (JST)

Hello

jwe>If people want the manual to improve, then I suggest submitting
jwe>patches for it as it is unlikely to evolve on its own.

Thank you for your advices.

++++
— Function File: gca ()

Return a handle to the current axis object. If no axis object exists, create
one and return its
handle. The handle may then be used to examine or set properties of the axes.
For example,
          ax = gca ();
          set (ax, "position", [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5]);

creates an empty axes object, then changes its location and size in the figure
window.— Function
File: gca ()

Return a handle to the current axis object. If no axis object exists, create
one and return its
handle. The handle may then be used to examine or set properties of the axes.
For example,
          ax = gca ();
          set (ax, "position", [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5]);

creates an empty axes object, then changes its location and size in the figure
window.
+++++

I also would like to add the following
          ax=gca();
          set (ax, "xtick", [pi/4, pi/2, pi, 1.5*pi, 2*pi])
          set (ax, "xticklabelmode", "Manual")
          set (ax, "xticklabel", ["Pi/4";"Pi/2";"Pi";"3*Pi/2";"Pi"])

creates a plot with manually set of the tics in x axis.
(My Engish is poor, please correct the above)

I searced for plot.txi.  I could not find the corresponding part.
To which file I should add the above and the make a diff file.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/