Re: newbie question: xterm display for plot()

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: newbie question: xterm display for plot()
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:25:40 -0600

On 27/02/2008, Don Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Hi;
>     I'm running Octave under YDL on a PS3.

Fascinating. Now let's get Octave on the NetBSD toaster:

     http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/in-Action/riz-toaster.jpg

If you succceed, do share.

> unable to open display '  '

Looks like your X connection isn't working. You're sshing from a Mac
to your videogame toaster, right? Is there an X server running on the
Mac? Did you ssh with the -X option (capital X)? Have you
inadvertently disabled X forwarding on the Mac's X server? Does the
videogame toaster understand how to set your X credentials?

This really isn't an Octave question, but an X question. If you can't
plot with Octave, I'm willing to bet that you can't X-forward Xeyes
either. You might want to consider asking in a different environment
about this.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.