Re: Please give me a hint. set palette file "-" binary record=64 using 1

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Please give me a hint. set palette file "-" binary record=64 using 1:2:3:4;
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:46:05 +0900 (JST)

Hello Michael and JWE

Thank you for your replies.

michael>Having said that, I'm not sure what gnuplot version you're using. Is it
the
michael>stock version, or the modified one with the console-mode-patch?

The mouse zooming for the current cvs wgnuplot is possible.
It is available from,
http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/development/binaries/

I'm now modifying the pgnuplot and trying to support mouse zooming.
Acually the temporary files are reuired to fillful it.
Perhaps JWE dislike it.
However, in my idea, the  temporary file can be used always the same name
beucase I want to save the only pipe stream data to the file and load it by
load 'xxx.plt'.
Each time I will unlink it after the plot.
That is a only realistic way to use current pnuplot+wgnuplot.

If you goes the  console mode gnuplot to the cvs version.
I do not try it anymore.

>| I think the palette is sent in binary format for performance reasons
>| (number of bytes to send to gnuplot is smaller when using binary
>| format instead of plain text format).

jwe>I don't remember the reason now.  If it works to use text data, then
jwe>I'd certainly consider a patch.  We send large amounts of actual data
jwe>for plotting in text form and it seems to work reasonably fast, so I
jwe>don't think the palette data will slow things down too much if it is
jwe>also text.

If you consider a patch, it is grateful for me.

Regards

Tatsuro