Re: reading file

From: marco cammarata
Subject: Re: reading file
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:24:27 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

thanks for you reply,
I had a look to the Matlab's "importdata" but it doesn't work as nice as
the script I wrote (doesn't create the appropriate structure) and it's
not so much faster (0.3sec).

I don't know how to write a c++/oct file (although I know how to program
in c++) so I don't think I can make a lot of progresses but I would like
to help you if there is something I can do.

Regards,
marco

>  From what I recall from your original message, I think you are
> looking
> for a function like Matlab's "importdata" that can read the columns of
> data file into a structure with fieldnames given by the header of the
> file.  I have plans to write exactly that function as a c++/oct file
> (for the reason of speed), but I am not sure when I will have the
> time.
>    My plan is to adapt the the code from dlmread.cc that was recently
> added to octave-forge.  You are welcome to look at that code if you
> are
> interested in trying to make some progress yourself.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
Marco Cammarata,
Post-Doc