Re: Expected X11 driver: /usr/lib/gnuplot/gnuplot_x11

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Expected X11 driver: /usr/lib/gnuplot/gnuplot_x11
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:04:42 -0500

On Feb 18, 2008, at 4:41 AM, Per Zetterberg wrote:

Dear All,

I installed first version 2.8 and then 2.1 of octave. Then I installed
gnuplot. When trying to plot "plot([1 2 3])" I get the error message
"Expected X11 driver: /usr/lib/gnuplot/gnuplot_x11" ?

I am running xubuntu as my laptop is a bit old.

I am a complete newbie (maybe appearent)

Any help would be appreciated
BR/
Per Zetterberg

I did a google and discovered someone else  had the same symptoms.

http://forrestbao.blogspot.com/2007/02/octave-and-gnuplot-cant-plot-on-x11.html

I appears that gnuplot_x11 is not where it belongs. Perhaps it was removed for some reason.

Ben