Octave 3.0.0 and HDF5 1.8.0 compilation error

From: jdelia
Subject: Octave 3.0.0 and HDF5 1.8.0 compilation error
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:54:41 -0300

Dear developers,

I am trying to compile octave-3.0.0. The configure has the summary output:

     BLAS libraries:       -llapack -lblas
     FFTW libraries:       -lfftw3
     GLPK libraries:       -lglpk
     UMFPACK libraries:    -lumfpack
     AMD libraries:        -lamd
     CAMD libraries:       -lcamd
     COLAMD libraries:     -lcolamd
     CCOLAMD libraries:    -lccolamd
     CHOLMOD libraries:    -lcholmod
     CXSPARSE libraries:   -lcxsparse
     HDF5 libraries:       -lhdf5
     CURL libraries:       -lcurl
     REGEX libraries:      -lpcre
     QHULL libraries:      -lqhull
     LIBS:                 -lreadline  -lncurses -ldl -lhdf5 -lz -lm
     Default pager:        less
     gnuplot:              gnuplot

     Do internal array bounds checking:  false
     Build static libraries:             false
     Build shared libraries:             true
     Dynamic Linking:                    true (dlopen)
     Include support for GNU readline:   true
     64-bit array dims and indexing:     false

But there are compilation errors with HDF5 1.8.0 library, e.g. see
the "make-end.log.gz" and "configure.log.gz" attached files.

The HDF5 1.8.0 library was installed and tested without errors.

Which version of the HDF5 library should be used ?

Regards,
Jorge D'Elia.

PD: I'm sorry by my previous message to the wrong list ...

--
Centro Internacional de Metodos Computacionales
en Ingenieria - CIMEC (INTEC/CONICET-UNL)