Re: Octave from Java

From: Kim Hansen
Subject: Re: Octave from Java
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:00:42 +0100

On Feb 15, 2008 8:00 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> At Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:27:17 +0100, Kim Hansen wrote:
> >
> > System.exec() and it transfers values by using "save -text -" and "load
> > -text -"
> >

> Have you done any comparisons with socket based (listen) approaches? I
> am particularly interested in the impact of Octave start-up time and
> file i/o for save and loads. I have a application specific interface
> based on listen which works well but does suffer from latency (I tend
> to make thousands of calls to Octave in a typical run).

I have not researched any other way to communicate with octave, as we
haven't had any need for it.

Our application uses some seconds for feeding data into octave, then
calls some octave scripts that works on the data for 10 minutes to an
hour, and then we read the result back within seconds.

--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv