installing octave on Linux-Ubuntu

From: Giovanna Guidoboni
Subject: installing octave on Linux-Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:09:36 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

my name is Giovanna Guidoboni and I am an Assistant professor at the University of Houston. I am trying to install octave 3.0.0 on my Linux machine, but when I am running ./configure it fails because it is not able
to find the path of GNU readline (which is available in /usr/local/lib).

I know that I should tell the program to look into that path, but I do not know how to do. Can you please help me?

I really appreciate your attention and you help,
Best regards,
Giovanna

Giovanna Guidoboni, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor                     http://www.math.uh.edu/~gio/
Department of Mathematics               713-743-3776 tel.
University of Houston                   713-743-3505 fax.