Re: normalized ALF (Assotiated Legendre Function)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: normalized ALF (Assotiated Legendre Function)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:42:35 -0500

I've added a check for underflow. This is my first time doing such, so I may be quite off on what is commonly accepted as proper.

The method I used detects an underflow for orders greater than 151.

        octave:104> result_octave1 = legendre  (152, [-1:0.1:1]);
        warning: legendre: results may be  unstable for high orders.

I've attached the script.

Ben