Re: signal analysis

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: signal analysis
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:24:18 -0600

Paolo Ariano wrote:
dear all

i was using octave during my thesis for simulations and data analysis
and now i'm back to octave to try to analyse data but i need a starting
point ...

my data are from cell fluorescence and i need to perform analysis such
as clampfit:
Threshold Event Detection
Baseline adjustment, leak subtraction
Shape statistics

or neuromatic on igorpro:
Sorting, Scaling, Averaging, Interpolation Max/Min/Mean/Level/Slope Measurements
Stability/Stationarity Analysis
Spontaneous Event Detection
Waveform Template Matching
Spike Raster Plots
Interspike-Interval and PeriStimulus Time (PST) Histograms
I think many functions from the Octave signal toolbox, and octave-forge
toolbox are useful for this purpose. I'm not familiar with the details of the
spectrum analysis, apodization etc to help you here. A free software package
called fityk (unrelated to Octave) works for curve-fitting as applied to
spectrum analysis. Maybe you can look at that.

Best,
Muthu