Re: Loading Data

From: TweedleDee
Subject: Re: Loading Data
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:07:59 -0800 (PST)

  If load is invoked using the functional form

          load ("-text", "file.txt", "a")

     then the OPTIONS, FILE, and variable name arguments (V1, ...) must
     be specified as character strings.

What you have appears to be the function form.  Perhaps it isn't parsed
the same when it is read from a file instead of from the terminal.  Try
doing it exactly like the example line and see what happens.

Thanks for the help, but I tried that method already.  When I use that I get
the following error message:

error: load: empty name keyword or no data found in file

The file I'm trying to load is an array of floating point numbers in text
format...
0.0000
7.4533
7.6765
8.6432
etc...

I can load it in Matlab or the Octave command window without any trouble.