Re: Octave Forge functions in 3.0.0

From: P.J.G. Long
Subject: Re: Octave Forge functions in 3.0.0
Date: 08 Feb 2008 07:37:36 +0000

On Feb 8 2008, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote: My standard platform is either debian or knoppix(i.e. debian). Sorry re confusion when I say graceplot I mean grace as in http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/ which used to be toggled via the toggle_grace_use command

I am using the system either from the command line or called from a sgi script called via trivialhttp or apache (effectively the same)

regards

  Peter

Dear P.J.G. Long

What is your platform is?
Graceplot is meaningless for non-unixy environments.
(Even on windows, it is meaningful for the cygwin user.)
Therefore please tell us it first.

The reply will be change according to your platform is.

Regards
Tatsuro

  ""P.J.G. Long" <address@hidden>" wrote:
On Feb 4 2008, Tatsuro MATSUOKA

Dear Tatsuro,

thank you for the feedback. I have been investigating further and although I am getting the __gnuplot_set__ /raw warnings I think there is also an interaction with octave_forge and some of the plotting functions.

I have now installed all the packages from octave_forge and things seems to have become a little more confused. Plotting a simple graph no-longer shows the menu bar at the to of the gnuplot window. Trying to use toggle_grace_use rsults in an error

error: `toggle_grace_use' undefined near line 8 column 1

uninstalling graceplot gives the following feedback

warning: some of the packages you want to uninstall are not installed.

however reinstalling it give no errors and the same results!

has anyone else seen changes to the plotting from 3.0.0 once octave_forge is installed?

Also has anyone seen problems with Graceplot? Some of my problems could be solved by rewriting code, but I would rather not do this as the code is buried in a web front end that automatically calls the appropriate octave analysis code and displays the results in the browser captured from the gnuplot output. Thus it would probably require changing most of the octave code library(gulp!)

 Regards

   Peter

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/

--